Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Seasonal and Spooky Lights



When the days get shorter in the fall and the skies turn grey and chilly, it is cheerful to have seasonal lights placed around your home to easily plug in and brighten the mood. If it is a gloomy morning, I plug in my lights first thing and enjoy them all day.

This grapevine pumpkin with white lights, sits on my fireplace hearth. I love how the light shines through the burlap ribbon.

A glass block, shining with an orange glow, brightens the desk in my kitchen. See here how I made this glass block light, with autumn words.

By lighting candles on my mantle, I can change the mood of the room. The flames cast shadows and add a cozy feeling, even on the coldest of days.

It is fun to put lights outside your house too. Trick or treaters will be welcomed, as they walk up the sidewalk to the front porch, with a tree draped in orange lights and spooky ghosts.

Yesterday was the perfect, gloomy kind of day, to plug in the lights, light the candles and enjoy the warmth of my home. Have a happy Wednesday :-)

{Linking this post with}

Stonegable



Funky Junk Interiors

I Heart Naptime

Tatertots and Jello

Serenity Now



10 comments:

  1. Love the glow of your lights. The little ghost like is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ghost is certainly a cutie, and the lights are very welcome. It's getting so dark so early.....sigh, that even the solar lights barely give off anything.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little ghost lights are adorable. Lighting makes such a difference. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post, Vicki. You've reminded me to turn on our little lights that are on top of the big cupboard in the living room!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house DOES look inviting. I love to decorate for halloween. It's my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll try adding lights to my Halloween decorations next year; you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for reminding me how much I enjoy candles and "twinkle" lights in the fall and winter! Love the grapevine pumpkin and the mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing like some twinkling lights in your decor. They make everything look cozy. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and clever!
    I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved