Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Paper Cut Out Candle Holder - Pinterest Success {20}

 

 

Megan surprised me with these pretty handmade candle holders for Mother's Day, and I was thrilled to receive them. They are just the prettiest things and when lit, the candle light shines through the heart with a sweet, soft glow. And, I love the addition of the twine bow on the glass.

The original pin with directions can be found here. You can use any glass jar or candle holder. These would look really sweet using mason jars too. The directions call for the use of an old book page, but Megan was able to find similar scrapbook paper that worked well for the size of the jar she used. These would be adorable for a wedding shower and Megan and I were already talking about making more for other occasions. We both thought a cut out snowflake would be really pretty for the winter.

Even though the days are longer and the sun shines brighter, I still light candles when dusk occurs each day. These will be a beautiful addition and because they were made with love by my daughter, they will warm my heart each time I use them :-)

Have a great day today!

 

{Linking with these friends}

Lil Luna

Keep Calm and Carry On and Beautiful Mess

Thrifty Decor Chick

A Stroll Thru Life

House of Rose

Southern Lovely

Diana Rambles

Somewhat Simple

Your Home Based Mom

Six Sisters Stuff

Tutus and Tea Parties

Primp

Savvy Southern Style

Handy Man Crafty Woman

The Charm of Home

Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

Serenity Now

Funky Junk Interiors

I Heart Naptime

Sunny Simple Life

Between Naps on the Porch

Alderberry Hill

The Dedicated House

Cozy Little House

a bowl full of lemons

Kathe with an E

Life on Lakeshore Drive

Craftberry Bush

Live Laugh Rowe

A Delightsome Life

Cedar Hill Ranch

Skip To My Lou

The Shabby Creek Cottage

Rooted in Thyme

The Girl Creative

The Tablescaper

Jennifer Rizzo

DIY by Design

Common Ground

Coastal Charm

Fox Hollow Cottage

Debbiedoo's

Stonegable


 

21 comments:

  1. What a treasured gift to enjoy. These are so pretty and sweet. I do love the twine around the glass and choice of paper. I hope you had a perfect mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful original gift I love it. Megan is truly talented. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Maybe I will make some in the near future :) Have a beautiful day!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, sweet gift that I know you'll enjoy for a long time!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Great for VD Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are darling! What a sweet (and talented) daughter. Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love these! I have used small jars...like the ones olives and salsa come in and I tie a string of jute around the rim to hide the ridges. These would definitely work. And I have some sheet music...Yay! Thanks so much for the great idea. I am a big candle burner, too!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! You are very creative!! Thank you for adding our links and joining in on the fun today. xo

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute Vicki. What a thoughtful and creative gift from you sweet daughter. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love Candles any time of year!
    I'm stopping by from the Pinteresting party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice :) I love candles! Good idea using the scrapbook paper.
    She Turned Her Dreams Into Plans

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely adorable! I love it!
    Hugs Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now why didn't I think of this. I love it. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are so pretty! I love candles of any kind but these ones are particularly special because they were made with love!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! Gotta make these! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful gift! I love them. Just pinned. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Hope you are having a great week.
    XO
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello again, my fast fingers weren't speaking English this morning! Love homemade gifts - this is so sweet! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved