Monday, October 27, 2014

Rivalry Weekend

 

 

 

We had the best day on the Michigan State campus on Saturday, with seemingly the whole state of Michigan in attendance as rivalry weekend came once again. You are either a MSU or a University of Michigan fan on game day and the air is filled with good natured insults as friendships and family ties are tested. We are a divided family, since Megan is a University of Michigan grad, in a family full of Spartans.

 

 

It was extremely crowded, with everyone fighting for space to set up their tents and tailgate spot, but the atmosphere was electric, with so many people having a great time. Everyone cheered when the sun finally came out, just before noon. Our brunch menu was fantastic, with made to order omelettes and cinnamon french toast. The platter of s'more brownies I made did not last long since everyone can't resist a little chocolate.

 

 

Melissa had the day off from her MSU Pompon team duties, so when she stopped by with some friends, we made sure to get some photos with my sister and brother in law for our annual family photo calendar.

 

 

Tailgating on Saturdays in the fall is one of my favorite things to do and rivalry weekend is the best weekend there is. You see so many friends all in one place and you never know who will stop by your tailgate. We even had the U.S. Senator from Michigan stop to chat and pose for pictures with us. I just like to sit in my chair until game time and soak in all the atmosphere.

And of course, we are there for the football game and it did not disappoint. MSU came away with a victory, is still ranked high in the polls and we are ready for our next tailgate and big game against Ohio State.

Happy Monday!

 

9 comments:

  1. Tailgating is always fun! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun day! Those brownies are to die for!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like a fun time for everyone!! I'm from Ohio, and a Buckeye fan, so pardon me for not commenting on your teams! (winking) Glad the weather cleared and you enjoyed what sounds like a wonderful brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. S'mores brownies? All the more reason for me to crash your tailgate party one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great tradition. Wish we Canadians would do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know what's funny? As we watched our glorious LSU Tigers whup up on Ole Miss.....I saw scores rolling thru and I asked who won the Michigan State game.....my family said to me, "Why do you ask about Michigan and how do you even know to ask about them???"....hahahahah.....I chuckled and told 'em I know all about their tailgating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts make me miss my tailgating days so much!! My daughter Megan has her college apps in, so maybe there will be tailgating again in my near future!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like great fun, yummy goodies and smiles all ready for the Big Win!
    Go Green, Go State . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like so much fun! We miss tailgating at college games and it's not the same at a professional game at all. We're big TN fans, and hubs dream is to one day be part of the TN Navy-boaters who arrive at Neyland Stadium and 'tailgate' on the water. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved