Friday, January 8, 2016

Winter Reading List

 

Pinterest

 

I am an avid reader all year long, but there is something special about curling up with a book on a cold winter day. Especially if the snow is falling, the fireplace is burning and a warm drink is within reach. It's all part of the coziness of the winter months and I plan on taking full advantage of any down time I have. My calendar for January is not full at all and after the business of the holiday season, reading time is my priority.

There are a few books in particular that I have been wanting to read, mostly based on recommendations and reviews from other blogs and Amazon. I really need a good book to choose as my pick for an upcoming book club and I am hoping that one of these will fit my criteria. A list of new books, from new to me authors, is so exciting and like a gift just waiting to be opened. You never know what surprises are inside.

 

 

 

"A psychological thriller being compared to Girl on the Train."

 

 

" A book written by a bookworm for other bookworms"

 

“In Miss Hazel and the Rosa Parks League, Jonathan Odell uses an unlikely friendship between two women--one white and one black--to explore the roots of the civil rights movement in the South. With its deftly drawn characters, delicious dialog, and deeply satisfying and hopeful ending, this fine novel deserves to win the hearts of readers everywhere."

Happy Reading!

 

8 comments:

  1. Vicki... thanks for the recommendations! What She Knew looks great. I am reading The Silent Sister and loving it. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy some reading time today, I need to pick up a good book too:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy a good book by the fire too. Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What She Knew looks great! Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also read all the time. One book ends and I immediately begin the next one. Your picks to share all look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to your book club selections . . .
    Thank you . . .
    I think I will read a couple of these . . .
    I love these winter days with a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list!! I may read some of these :) I will be posting my winter reading list soon!!

    - Seri
    www.Serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That middle one makes me excited.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved