Thursday, August 25, 2016

Summer Plum Bars

 

 

 

There have been some ripe, juicy plums in my fruit bowl for a few days just crying out for use in baking. I just love using fresh summer fruit to bake something sweet. It was also a rainy day, another one of my triggers for getting in the kitchen. Is there anything more cozy, as summer winds down, than an afternoon in the kitchen, with dark skies, rain falling outside and something delicious in the oven?

These bars are so easy to put together; just the basic ingredients, but the tartness of the plums make the flavor something special. I think the slices of the plums and their vibrant color make these bars look so pretty on a plate and a simple dusting of powdered sugar adds that final special touch. I must admit, I couldn't wait to enjoy one with an afternoon cup of tea.

 

Summer Plum Bars


2 eggs

1/2 cup sugar (I used Truvia equivilent)

3/4 cup flour

1/4 tsp baking powder

1/4 cup vegatable oil

1/2 tsp vanilla

2 small or 1 large plum, sliced

Powdered sugar


Spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray. Whisk flour and baking soda together in a small bowl. In a large bowl use a mixer to beat eggs and sugar on medium high speed until pale and fluffy (3 minutes). Add oil and vanilla and beat on medium high another 2 minutes. Add flour mixture in 2 stages and mix on low until just combined. Fold in sliced plums and spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool completely then sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. Enjoy!

Happy Thursday!

 

{Linking with these friends}

French Country Cottage

A Stroll Thru Life

Savvy Southern Style

The Charm of Home

Art and Sand

Between Naps on the Porch

My Side of 50

Skip To My Lou

Rooted in Thyme

Craftberry Bush

21 Rosemary Lane

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm

10 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and I love that you used the Truvia instead of sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks so yummy! Plums aren't my family's favorite. I think I will try this with peaches. Have you tried any other fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love plums and haven't had any in ages and ages. Now they are on my shopping list!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so enticing ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is different, I've never made anything with plums and I LOVE them. Do you just slice around the pit?

    Can't wait to try!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again, Vicki. Not finding a way to Pin. :(

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do plum... but you make it look soooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just when I am at my hungriest I stumble onto your Plum yummy . . .
    I might have to try this . . . SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound so good! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved