Wednesday, January 4, 2017

First 2 Books of 2017

 

 

The Christmas holiday season is fun, but it sure is a busy time. We were either entertaining at home or going out to meet family at restaurants for the whole week between Christmas and New Year, so when the festivities ended, it was really nice to settle in and catch up on my reading. For me, there is no better way to start the year. And, if I stumble across a couple books that are great reads, then all the better. Both of these books were on my Amazon reading list, which tends to get quite long at times. It was really nice to have the time to work my way through some books that had been on the list for quite some time. They both were books that grabbed me right away, had a few twists and turns and when I finished, kept me thinking about what happened and the characters - the sign of a good book.

 

 

It Ends With Us, starts off as a typical girl meets boy story, but quickly changes to something different. I don't want to give away too much, because what occurs is truly shocking. I read an interview with the author and it was interesting to read how she was tempted to change the story as she was writing, because she wanted something different for the characters she had created. This is a story about how the past shapes us, but does not have to define us.

 

 

Because I am in a book club as well, this book has been on my radar for a long time. But, it is so much more than the story of a book club. Sometimes while reading this book, you want to reach through the pages and shake some sense into both the mother and daughter, while still hoping in the end they will be ok. The author tells this story from many points of view that weave together the past and the present in a delightful way. How the story comes together at the end will surprise you.

Happy reading!

 

11 comments:

  1. Reading more is on my list this new year:) These books look wonderful, have a blessed day dear friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed "It Ends With Us." I went to a book signing for Ann Hood and she was positively delightful. Happy New Year, dear Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to add these to my list. We have book club next week, and I am just now starting the book. Praying I get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two books sound like just my cup of tea, and you are the first to mention them to me. Thank you and happy reading in 2017. I just read a delightful novel, The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved It Ends With Us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great book suggestions! You always have great ones on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank for the reviews! I'm always happy to know a book is good (or not)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good reviews.. I'll try find them in library..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. They both sound intriguing, but you've really piqued my interest in It Ends With Us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That second one sounds really good. I've seen it and flagged it for my own wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just downloaded It Ends With US!! I'm finishing up the last book in the Elin Hildebrand "Winter" series and this one is next. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved