Monday, January 16, 2017

Tuscan Bean Soup - Recipe Redo

 

 

 

Our weather is no longer frigid, but still plenty cold enough for a warming bowl of soup, especially on a lazy Sunday. I first made this soup a few years ago and had forgotten about it until I was looking for an idea for something to make in the crock pot. The original recipe with the original pin can be found here.

But, this is a true recipe redo because this time, I actually ended up not making it it the crock pot due to time constraints and it ended up being just as good. To make this stove top version - bring to a boil all ingredients, except for ham and beans, in a large soup pot, then turn down heat and simmer for about 1 hour. Add beans and ham and gently simmer for about 1/2 hour longer.

I also added and extra carrot or two, because I love a lot of veggies in my soup. The flavor is really delicious and it's hearty and filling. Serve with some warm bread and it's a perfect winter night dinner.

Happy Monday!

 

{Linking with these friends}

French Country Cottage

A Stroll Thru Life

Savvy Southern Style

The Charm of Home

Have a Daily Cup

Between Naps on the Porch

Skip To My Lou

Craftberry Bush

21 Rosemary Lane

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm

Momfessionals

7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. We often times use our dutch oven when short on time to cook soup. Works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how yummy. Thank you for sharing this hearty soup recipe. Just in time for another blast of colder temperatures in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made vegetable soup in a long time. It's time!! Yours looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I need some crockpot ideas as our kitchen is being renovated and I can't use the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks positively delish. Perfect for a cold day. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tonight I'm hosting "Girls' Night In" and the theme is soup and pajamas. I already made my sausage tortellini soup but I'm going to save this recipe for another cold winter night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy! It's cold here and I made creamy chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved