Friday, February 3, 2017

Cranberry Apple Crockpot Oatmeal

 

 

 

A cold morning and hot oatmeal is really the perfect combination. Here in Michigan, we are back in a big chill with single digit temperatures and what a great decision is was to put this delicious oatmeal recipe in my crockpot last night, before going to sleep. When I walked in my kitchen this morning, the scents of cinnamon, apples and cranberries let me know I was in for a special treat.

After cooking all night on the low setting, the oatmeal was soft, creamy and perfect with a splash of milk. The fresh cranberries and apple chunks were abundant in every bite and so much better than the dried fruit that comes in instant oatmeal packets.

This took maybe five minutes to put together last night and I will definately be adding this to my oatmeal loving repertoire. I think it would be delicious with almost any kind of fruit too; blueberries, peaches, plums, whatever you have on hand really - fresh or frozen. And, the best part - there is plenty left over to warm up and enjoy over the weekend.

 

Cranberry Apple Crockpot Oatmeal

 

4 cups water

2 cups old fashioned oats

1 cup cranberries ( I used fresh, but dried would work equally well)

2 apples, peeled and diced

1/4 cup brown sugar ( I used Splenda brown sugar)

2 T butter

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

 

Spray a crockpot generously with cooking spray. Add all ingredients. Stir to combine. Cook on low setting overnight ( 6 hours is perfect, so if your crockpot has a timer, set for 6 hours, then leave on warm until you are up and ready to eat). Fluff with spoon before serving. Enjoy!

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

{Linking with these friends}

French Country Cottage

A Stroll Thru Life

Savvy Southern Style

The Charm of Home

Have a Daily Cup

Between Naps on the Porch

Skip To My Lou

Craftberry Bush

21 Rosemary Lane

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm

Momfessionals

 

6 comments:

  1. I'm salivating. Perfect breakfast for a cold morning!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki . . .
    I am giving this recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oatmeal is not a favorite. I'm sure your recipe is amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat oatmeal almost everyday - never made it in a crockpot, but the idea of waking to the smells of cinnamon and apples sounds very appealing - going to pin this and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, that sounds YUMMY! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you always make the best breakfast! My girls would love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved