Friday, March 3, 2017

Baked Oatmeal with Canned Peaches {Recipe Redo}

 

 

 

I think it is well documented on this blog that I love to bake something yummy for breakfast. Especially on a cold morning. There is just something so comforting about pottering about in the kitchen with the lights on, chasing away the dark as you wait for the sun to rise. Also is there anything better than the scents of coffee brewing and something sweet and cinnamon flavored baking in the oven. I am not a morning person, but find myself up early if I know I can take things at a slow pace and start my morning in the kitchen.

This recipe is especially perfect for the winter, when the best and most flavorful fruit is out of season. I'm not one for canned fruit, but an exception can be made with this recipe, because when you bake this the sweetness of the canned peaches adds something special. The only change I made to this recipe redo has nothing to do with the flavor, but I thought it would look pretty to place a few peach slices whole on the top, rather than chop them all.

I just love this recipe and am glad I rediscovered it from deep in my archives. Things are quite hectic here with the move looming and the biggest news is that I'm becoming well versed in how to use Craig's list to sell unwanted furniture. So, a quiet start to the day is exactly what I needed.

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

{Linking with these friends}

French Country Cottage

A Stroll Thru Life

Savvy Southern Style

Have a Daily Cup

Between Naps on the Porch

Skip To My Lou

Craftberry Bush

21 Rosemary Lane

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm

 

5 comments:

  1. Happy quiet start to the day . . .
    Bet blueberries would be good with that baked oatmeal as well . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that looks divine! Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to give it a try - perhaps with some raspberries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOKS YUMMY and perfect for any morning:) Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious... my family would love it! Thank you for a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so yummy! I've got everything to make it. I'm going to stir it up tomorrow night to cook for Sat. breakfast. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved