Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Life Lately

 

 

 

Mother's Day was just lovely. I very much missed Megan, but got a sweet phone call and it was enough for now, to hear her voice across the miles. Melissa and my husband went out of their way to make me feel special with gifts and a delicious brunch in one of my favorite metro Detroit cities, Birmingham. My Bloody Mary was perfect (not too spicy) and on the buffet was the most delicious apple, blueberry baked French Toast, served with whipped cream. After brunch, Melissa and I had pedicures and I loved spending precious time with her.

 

 

Our sweet friends that we will miss dearly, hosted a going away party for us on Saturday night and it was just perfect. So many people we love were there and the hosts went out of their way with incredible food and decor. They served two of my favorite desserts, with both cheesecake and key lime pie on the pretty dessert table. It was so hard to say goodbye, but we know the distance will not matter in the least.

 

 

This is the latest photo of my new kitchen in Florida and as you can see everything is pretty much ready to go. We will be driving there at the end of the week and doing a walk through on Monday. My next post will be from sunny Florida! (Are you following me on Instagram? I will try to post a bit as we travel to Florida.)

Finally, we are very much in the midst of wedding planning and the texts, emails and phone calls are coming fast and furious between Megan in Pittsburgh, the wedding location and her fiance's parents in Grand Rapids and my husband and I here. We have a date, a venue, the priest that Megan grew up with and is so special to us and we are working on finalizing the church. We are all so excited and I love all Megan and Adam's choices so far.

Happy Wednesday!

 

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet Mother's Day:) I LOVE your new kitchen! I can't wait to see the rest of your beautiful home! Have a blessed day dear Vicki! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is beautiful, Vicki! Enjoy Florida. Looking forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet time in your life . . .,
    Celebrating Mother's Day . . .
    Going away parties . . .
    New location, home, kitchen and all . . .
    It's happening . .
    Happy Sweet Time In Your Life . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!! We are driving down to Florida coast on Friday too!!! Maybe we'll pass each other on the road!! It's our annual family trip down for 10 days. Have a monster house rented on the gulf...13 of us now....and my car is loaded with food and sand toys! Vino and Bloody Mary fixins too....a staple for early morning beach sitting! You'll see!!
    Love your new kitchen! Going now to find u on instagram.
    Safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be in Pittsburgh in two weeks for our nephew's wedding. His fiance is from there and he got a job transfer so all the D'Orsaneos are traveling for this one. It will be a great reunion and celebration. Your new kitchen looks almost ready for you! My "new" kitchen is white and I love it. It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture of you and Melissa! That new kitchen is going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved